Thursday, December 29, 2005

Me? Creative?

Kidding ... I know I'm creative. But it's nice to have it confirmed. Here are my results from the What's Your World View? quiz (via Salvage): apparently, I am what is known as a "Cultural Creative." To wit:
Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.
Cultural Creative – 94%
Postmodernist – 81%
Idealist – 56%
Romanticist – 50%
Materialist – 44%
Existentialist – 44%
Modernist – 19%
Fundamentalist – 13%

Why did Postmodernist come before Idealist? I never even finished grad school! Must look up definitions of other types.

I've always loved taking quizzes, or tests of any kind ... probably because I have a good memory and tend to score well, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and full of a practical, honestly-earned self-esteem. I also have a long history of fascination with those "What kind of lover are you?" kinds of tests, such as are often found in teen magazines—heck, any kind of magazine. I've been known to take them over and over again until my results finally identify me as just the kind of person I've always wanted to be.

Another quiz I've often enjoyed taking, almost always with the same result, is this Religion Finder, which pegs me as a Mahayana Buddhist. Or, occasionally, as a Hindu. Hrrmmm.

In other news, we've had some pretty heavy storms this week, one of which found me arriving at work with both shoes full to the top with water, thanks to a ten-foot-tall fishtail sprayed forcefully into my face by a passing truck. I stopped at Long's to pick up some dry socks to change into (I had other dry clothes in my bag, but hadn't brought socks, since I've never needed them before), and once I got settled in at my desk I rigged up a sweet little sock-drying station under my desk. This consists of a small space heater, a long paperclip chain anchored in the space between two sections of desktop, and a two-armed wire sock hanger (also made from paperclips) which allow the socks to be suspended straight up at just the right height to make the most of the upward flow of hot air from the heater.

When I arrived at work I squeezed about two tablespoons of water out of each sock, so it's safe to say they were completely saturated at the beginning. After three hours at the sock-drying station, they were both completely dry. Dry and warm. Not bad! Maybe I am kind of creative after all, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

I tied as a cultural creative and an idealist. For religion, I came out as liberal Quaker.

I LOVE taking those test, too.

You are one of the most creative, resourceful people I have ever met. So many times, I've tried to channel you.

12/30/2005 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home