Friday, November 03, 2006

In brief

I've been kind of dismayed, while browsing through various blogs of people participating in NaBloPoMo, to see many, many of them who are bemoaning the dullness of their lives, and apologizing for posting every day when in their own opinions, their lives are not that often post-worthy.

Since I'm grumpy from a whole day of listening to my co-worker's continuous step-by-step narration of her every move (rendering me unable to concentrate on my own work and causing at least one mistake that cost me almost a half hour to fix), I will get right to the point.

Friends, knock it off.

These are our LIVES. Who cares if they're of interest to others? My own life is of great interest to me, and that alone is reason enough to pay attention to it, document it, cherish it. I love reading about your lives, too. To quote Whitman (is this cheating? quoting poetry instead of offering my own insights? again – who cares?), "I CELEBRATE myself / And what I assume you shall assume; / For every atom belonging to me, as good belongs to you."

These are our lives. Never apologize for loving your own life enough to want to remember it.

That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Excellently put!!! As one of the bemoaners, I came to a similar conclusion earlier today--the blog is mainly for me and if nothing "exciting" happened to me then it's my own personal challenge to try to write interestingly about it.

I hereby banish the word "twaddle" from my vocabulary!

11/03/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger kim said...

Word!

11/04/2006 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home