Monday, June 22, 2009

Painfully boring!

That's my life right now – painfully boring. At least, so it would appear to a disempassioned observer. Or wait, is that a word? Dispassionate – I think that's what I was trying to say.

But I kind of like "disempassioned," though. That word pretty much sums it up. Work, then home, then more work, then sleep, then work again. I have been doing some sewing in between, and gotten a bunch of cleaning done, and have made dinner for Mr. A roughly half the time for the last several weeks, which might not sound like much but is actually something of a triumph for me – a person who has never learned to love, or even like, cooking.

I am not sleeping much at all for some reason, even though I'm spending plenty of time in bed. I just can't seem to get relaxed – my brain just spins and flies all night long, and every couple of hours or so I notice (again) that I'm still awake. It's not an anxious kind of wakefulness, not necessarily unpleasant – just exhausting. The other morning, in fact, I woke up remembering a dream I'd been having – dreaming that I was trying to sleep, and was too tired to sleep, and was worrying (in the dream) that I would wake up drained instead of refreshed. Which was exactly what happened.

I do have a vacation coming up soon though, and am going to try to take a few days off in the next week or so to celebrate my birthday, which is happening soon.

Nothing else to report. Just checking in.

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

glad you checked in! i love reading about your life--even when you think it's mundane.

6/23/2009 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home