Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Speaking of technology letting me down

What is with the iTunes music store? They only have three versions of Nick Gilder's classic 1978 hit "Hot Child in the City" – a muzak-like karaoke version, a lame remake by some band I've never heard of, and a droopy, boring re-recording by Nick himself that makes me feel like I just drank a quart of half & half. Where's the original? I want the original!

Luckily they have a whole slew of Peaches & Herb, in which I am drowning my sorrows. Shake your groove thang!

P.S. As long as I'm kvetching I might as well mention that I have a new obsession to keep me busy at my office: figuring out who is making a mess of our new break room. Example: The other day six people from my department had a takeout feast/fiesta from our local cheap Chinese buffet, after which I wiped down the table cloth, wiped and labelled all the containers and arranged them on the table with neat piles of plates, chopsticks, napkins and forks. I saw a few people go in there over the next hour or so (the door is right next to my desk), and the next time I looked in, it was like a hurricane had blown through! Oyster sauce flung far and wide. Dirty fork on the floor. Empty containers lying sideways, dripping garlic-smelling ooze onto the table. Two soy sauce packets ripped open and left to bleed their contents into the stack of napkins. A greasy fragment of green onion on the cover of the new InStyle magazine.

I guess it doesn't really matter who did it. I'm not the break room monitor! But I am curious to know who owns a set of such atrocious manners. If nothing else, at least throw out the empty containers! The garbage can is literally two feet away.

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

First of all--WHAT!! No "Hot CHild in the City" in its original glory on Itunes? Did you know that is my fantasy karaoke song? (Do you think a karaoke machine will have it??)

Secondly . . . I'm so upset about the song that I can't even chime in on the break room pigs! (I love real farmyard swine, by the way, and have a feeling they're cleaner.)

9/23/2006 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home