Saturday, June 07, 2008

There's also this

Speaking of disco: I can't remember exactly how I came across this, but for what it's worth ... I finally realized how easy it is to embed video in a blog.



The best thing about this is Mr. A's reaction when I showed it to him. I was sitting at the computer and said, "Hey, come look at this." He stood behind me as I started the video over, and as soon as the guy started moving, Mr. A – without taking his eyes off the screen – took a step back and began following the steps. Of course I had to get up and join him, and then both dogs got in on the action.

I always forget how much they love to dance until I see them leaping around with big smiles on their faces again ... maybe I'll try to take a video of that one of these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

OMG! This is fantastic. And, much as I never cottoned to disco, I have to say that these folks have it down pat. They do it so well, it almost doesn't look ridiculous. Although once the guy got to the pelvic swivel step, I did giggle a bit.

Plus, don't you love what they're wearing--esp. the guy? What kind of a get-up is that he's wearing? His shoes def. don't go w. his outfit. Also, the women. Every one of them has a good 15 years on me and yet they are wearing and dancing in spike heels and apparently feeling no pain. How DO they do it?

6/08/2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Disco truly is the international language.

6/08/2008 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What language is that man speaking? I couldn't identify it. When the music came on I started laughing like a lunatic - the lyrics may be in a different language, but that tune was the exact same tune of a song I had to learn in High School French class. I can still remember the first few lines: 'Amie, quelque soit ton pais, et le dieu que tu pries, vien avec moi.' I'm sure I slaughtered the spelling, but it translated to "Friend, whatever your country, whatever God you pray to, come with me." I'm sure Madam Rose would be so proud I still remember it 22 years later. Her wild eyeliner and funky shoes would fit right in with the folks on the video.

6/09/2008 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home