Friday, October 07, 2005

Technical difficulty

Last week the hard drive crashed on my computer at work and I lost over 1000 files out of iTunes. They're all still on the iPod, of course, and I know there's software that can download them from there back onto the computer, but I don't know if it works for the most recent version of iTunes (5.0.1 4). I backed them up onto CDs in July, but now I can only find one of the three CDs. Argh.

None of this would be an issue if I had a high speed internet connection at home, but alas, we can't get DSL or cable where we live, and wireless broadband would cost us more than a hundred bucks a month. So I use the computer at work for anything that requires a fast connection, which I know I really shouldn't do for a number of reasons ... including the possibility of catastrophic system failure. I lost all my good fonts, too. Also, I think I put my contacts in the wrong eye today. Sigh.

Gotta go — somebody just showed up with a big pink box that looks very much like the boxes from my favorite bakery. Must investigate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home