Thursday, November 03, 2005

In my endeavor to be seen

I went ahead and updated that sign. It doesn't have quite the impact of the original, but I think it turned out kind of nicely. I might do a whole series, if I can think of any more slogans I like. Anyone want to produce them in plastic? Have your people call my people.

Now that it's dark by six again I'm starting to worry just the tiniest little bit about getting smeared all over the pavement while riding my bike home from work. I have lights on front and back, and reflective sidewalls, and a jacket with reflective tape, and a blinking red light on the back of my helmet. Oh, and one of those reflective triangles that I hang on the back of my backpack. And a rearview mirror. And I'm looking into flags and those tubes that light up the ground under your bike, and also those little lights that screw onto your valve stems so you can be seen more easily from the side.

Wearing a helmet every time I ride (at the boyfriend's insistence) has helped me get over my aversion to looking like a complete dork. So now I don't really care if people point and laugh as I ride by, blinking and flashing and just generally dazzling passersby with my embarrassing array of visibility-enhancing gear. As long as they see me, I'm happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

I love the sign! Everyone--PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR TINA! Please.

11/03/2005 4:00 PM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

All helmet-related dorkiness would be canceled out if you put those Fossil Fool tubes on your bike. Totally rad!

I'm quite sure it would prevent you from being squished by a Land Rover (or similar).

I like the slogan, too.

11/04/2005 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home