Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Creepy crawly

There's a young bald guy who works at the cafe next to my office, and often as I'm walking back and forth between the printers and my desk I can see him through the windows that overlook the cafe patio, hanging out with his friends between customers.

Over the weekend he got a big spidery looking thing tattooed on the back of his neck. It startled me the first time I saw it, because I was so used to his neck being so clean and pink and pristine looking (though most of the rest of his body is already covered with ink). Today I was startled again because now the tattoo has reached the point where the scabs are starting to form, and it looks all rough and fuzzy and three-dimensional, almost like a real spider. Shiver.

This morning I finally remembered to bring the camera on my ride to work, to photograph those five creeks before they fill up again with water, which they are threatening to do any day now. I got pictures of only two of them before the battery died. Drat. And then, after I got into town, I rode past one of the Catholic elementary schools and the entire student body was out on the front lawn in their color-coded t-shirts (one color for each class, I presume), getting lined up for some kind of enormous group portrait. That would have made a great picture, too.

Anyway, I've got to get the camera thing going again. It was so much easier in the 90s, when I had a crappy toy digital camera that just plugged directly into the computer. Is anyone still reading this who used to read me then, when I used to do a new photo every day? I love the blogs I read that always have photos. If nothing else, I could subject my two loyal readers to occasional pictures of my adorable dog, and the fascinating items I find on the road on my rides around town.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

I'm sure I'm going to offend 99% of the American population with this comment but I think tattoos look bad and are a bad idea. The scabby one you describe sounds particularly vile.

******

I'd love to see photos of the fascinating items you find on the road. Please do post them.

10/21/2005 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Tina! It would be great to see your photos! I remember the photo that you did of yourself for the mirror project. And I think that you did have a photo of Tater as well. Although, it has been so long ago I can't recall what he looks.

10/24/2005 4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm still around. i would love to see your photos. i live in new jersey, which despite popular opinion, is a beautiful state. but, it is different from california. would love to see the place you call home.

-athena :-)

10/25/2005 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home