Thursday, February 23, 2006

This is a test!

Why do animated GIFs work when the content is text, but not when it's photos? It's the same type of file! I uploaded this one to Blogger and it seems to be working fine, but when I uploaded the Elvis GIF, Blogger converted it to a JPG. If I store the files on my own server this doesn't seem to be a problem. Must investigate.

Here's a slightly modified GIF I uploaded to my server. I tried loading this one into Blogger, and it converted it into a JPG too, even though it includes both text and an image (the original of which is a GIF). And why are they different sizes, when I told Blogger to make them the same size? And why, if I put the photos on the left instead of the right, is there no space between the copy and the right border of the image? Freaky deaky!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Hmmmmm.

Both the text/doggie and the Top half/bottom half Elvis photos seem to be one shot deals.

They only alternate only once.

I wouldn't be begin to know how to address the problem.

2/23/2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Thanks for checking in! Actually, I set them to only one rotation, because I usually find it really distracting when graphics keep moving and jumping around while I'm trying to read something. If someone misses it, they can always refresh the page to reload. I'm noticing that Safari is having weirdness too though -- the timing is way off. Looks okay in other browsers, though (Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, even Explorer!). What other browsers do people use these days? I'm so far out of the industry now, I have no idea anymore. - Tina.

2/23/2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home