Thursday, August 10, 2006

The war on tear

While I wring my hands over which boots to buy, certain other of our brothers and sisters in this world are hard at work plotting new ways to terrorize their fellow humans. Red alert for the first time ever – at least if you're flying to Britain. Otherwise, orange.

They were going to blow up more planes. This time in California, too.

It's impossible for me to wrap my mind around this kind of violence. Lately, I try not to even think about it. I don't watch the news or even listen to much of it on my trusted KPFA. Most of the news that is presented there is so large and beyond my control that I feel all I can do about it is freak out. The other day I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was Dennis Bernstein spitting his virulent, apoplectic rage into the microphone. I'm with you, brother! But I can't listen to you. I turned it off.

What to DO about all this, is the question. What can I actually do? Obsessing about it and losing sleep over my brothers who travel and everyone else I love and everyone I don't even know – that doesn't help. This is the terror they are trying to induce.

What do you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home