Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Two more of us

My sister had her twins this morning. They were still a little early, but not as early as they would have been when she went into labor a few weeks ago (thankfully they were able to get it stopped), and it sounds like their extra time in the cooker did them good. They weighed in at 5 lbs. 3 oz., and 5 lbs. 13 oz. – not bad! I haven't been able to catch my sister on the phone yet but my dad says everything went well and they're all doing fine.

With the addition of these two new little girls, I now have eleven nieces and six nephews.

Also today: I finally hooked up with my friend the Mac guy and took a good look at the new silver iMac I've been thinking of buying. I have to get something now, and fast – I don't know if I mentioned I just picked up a new client, but I did, and I need to have all their stuff ready to present by the end of the month.

I didn't like the silver iMac. The glass screen is way too glarey, and the reviewers were right – the color is weird. Or at least not consistent. I think instead of this brand new first-generation silver iMac I'm going to take a used white iMac he has coming in from another client who's upgrading – it's the last one they made before the new silver one, so it's basically just like the one I have at my office except it's newer, faster and has a 24-inch screen (instead of the 20-inch). AND he's going to load it up with all the software I need, and transfer everything off my old iBook (the one I'm typing on right now, which is at least six years old now and too small for design work), and upgrade the memory, all for several hundred bucks less than I would have paid for the new silver one with a smaller screen.

Normally I would be nervous about buying a second-hand computer, but I've known and worked with this guy for seven years and totally trust him to set me up right. It's still a lot of money, but I've been needing to upgrade for a long time and I guess I'm finally ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Congrats on the new additions to your family!

I'm just trying to imagine what it would be like to have 17 nieces and nephews. I have zero, even though I have two brothers and one sister. Not a one of us has had kids, and I don't think any of us ever will. Weird how that worked out.

11/07/2007 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home