Sunday, March 09, 2008

Eleven months later

... I finally take the time to learn how to use my "new" camera. Actually I learned how to use it a couple of months ago, and now I'm at last getting around to uploading and organizing the last year's worth of photos.

So here are a few I liked.


At the very top, of course, well, you know who this is. Click to make it bigger, and then just look how happy-fying he is, with his funny, crooked little doggie smile. With his ears back all eager like that he just melts my heart. This was taken a couple of months ago, when his hair was still short from the de-skunking cut. Now he's all grown out again and curly; even cuter than this, if you can imagine.


And here's the Jeeps in his Christmas sweater. We call him our baby armadillo.


Next, here's a shot of those buckeye trees budding out, which I've been talking about for weeks – I almost missed them this year because they opened up so much earlier than usual. Probably a couple of weeks earlier. They're beautiful, though, right? When the whole tree is covered with them it looks like a ginormous candelabra covered with tiny jewel-green flames. One of my favorite sights of the springtime.


And finally, another much-loved springtime sight: little pink blossoms on a tree I have declared "the cutest tree in town." I ride past it every day and keep waiting for someone to cut it down, because it's just a tiny little tree right in the middle of some other trees, and it clearly was not planted there but sprang up on its own from a seed dropped by a bird, most likely ... and you really hardly notice it at all most of the year, until spring comes again and suddenly it's covered with flowers for about three weeks, and you see that the shape of this particular little tree is just the most graceful, naturally asymmetrical and yet perfectly-balanced shape you could imagine. And the flowers are lovely.

So now that I'm online with the camera and high-speed access, I'm wanting to start posting a lot more photos. Sometimes I think my life is too boring to interest anyone but me ... I just ride back and forth all day, the same three miles, over and over and over ... but there's a lot to see in those three little miles, and sometimes I even go other places, too. So stay tuned.

Meanwhile, spring has definitely arrived. I don't know why I'm sitting here in front of the computer ... it's the first day of Daylight Savings, which means I really should be outside fooling around with plants and digging in the dirt, or possibly taking a really long bike ride someplace off my usual beaten path. Maybe I'll go do that right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Love the photos--esp. the photo of the Jeeps in his sweater. That is one nice dog sweater. It looks like an adaptation of an Aran sweater, one of my all time fave classic sweaters.

3/11/2008 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home