Friday, August 22, 2008

Farmer's market fashion


This is a friendly acquaintance of mine who has the same name as me, and who always wears a dress. She's so consistent in this that I don't even think of her as consistent – it's just what she does. We first met about eleven years ago and I've never known her to look anything but adorable in her simple, neat and practical skirts and dresses.

What you can't see in this picture is her fabulous silver hair – longer than shoulder length, thick, lovely alive texture and usually pulled into a low ponytail with sweet little tendrils escaping ....

A few more random facts: She and I share a love of the accordion, she mostly walks everywhere, and she's a very interesting poet and painter. Cool person to know. I should get to know her better.

It may be worth noting that I did see her wearing something other than a skirt recently, for the first time in all the years I've known her. It was in the parking lot of the market, early in the morning, and she was walking to the car with her daughter – wearing a t-shirt, heavy brown clodhoppers, and very short khaki shorts. They must have been going hiking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skirts Rule!

That's so weird, T! I only wear skirts and dresses, too. I haven't worn pants for almost two years - I've ziplined, kayaked and gone oystering in a skirt. I also am a poet, a painter and I play the accordion. Just weird to hear about someone with such similar interests! Say hello to your friend for me! Cute skirt!

shannon

9/03/2008 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home