Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My dad is on Facebook!

I had the coolest experience on Facebook today – my dad friend-requested me! I accepted the request, of course, and then tonight I called and had the nicest conversation with my parents. Apparently one of my sisters had been telling him about something that happened on Facebook and he thought it sounded cool, so he googled it to find out what it was and then signed up for an account. It totally made my day to see him on there and I just wanted to take note of the occasion.

In other news, Spring Practice starts tomorrow and I've got a whole slew of activities I've decided to undertake – chief among them the commitment to non-wearing of black until after Easter. Others have to do with my diet (I changed the wallpaper on my cell phone to an old encylopedia illustration of the pancreas, for inspiration), my exercise routine, and my regrettable habit of talking trash about people who make me feel threatened.

Details to come, though I don't know when. Still very busy, and found out today I'll be working through the weekend again, long hours alone in a cold building while the rain falls and the wind howls .... I can use the overtime money and should come out of it with a few "free day off" vouchers so it all works out in the end.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Good luck on your Spring Practice, Tina. You've inspired me to get a grip on myself and do something other than wallow in self-pity, which I've been doing all week. I am going to stop it right now and replace it with something positive and productive.

2/25/2009 9:32 AM  
Blogger JT said...

i would totally love to see/read documentation of this year's spring practice, mostly because i have a hard time NOT wearing black. my drawers are a sea of black. it does get tiresome!

i like how you inspired rozanne above!

2/27/2009 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home