Sunday, November 26, 2006

Another slow Sunday

Heavy rain all day, and heavy clouds. For the second Sunday in a row I stayed in bed until early afternoon, listening to the rain in the trees and drinking hot mint tea and reading by the light of the little white Christmas lights I have wrapped around the headboard. Mr. A once again brought me breakfast in bed - a turkey omelet and toast, with a side of butternut squash (one of my favorite things in all the world).

Around 1 p.m. I moved onto the couch and we spent the afternoon watching movies and snuggling with dogs. Then it was time for dinner, and then back to the couch, and now I'm about to go back to bed.

Spending a whole day resting when I'm not sick always makes me feel kind of guilty. This is something I'm trying to get over. Life is not a race, and it's not against the law to take a real day off every once in awhile! Right now I feel relaxed and energized all at the same time, and am looking forward to getting some exercise tomorrow, all of which I'm taking as an indication that taking a day to take it easy sometimes really is a healthy and acceptable thing to do. Someday I hope I will no longer feel the need to make excuses for resting when I need to rest.

Tomorrow morning I'll get up early and walk the dogs back to the creek. The rain has filled it deep enough that I can hear water running all the way from the house, which means that rancid dead dear is probably either a half a mile downstream by now, or at least under water and out of reach of crazy carcass hunters (i.e., dogs). I'm looking forward to seeing what the flow pattern looks like now, too. Because the flooding last year moved the main channel, we had water running back there all summer this year for the first time in ten years or more. Maybe now it'll be back in both channels again. That would be exciting, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

It all sounds wonderful Tina. Good for you for taking some time out to relax. That is so important!
This Mr. A. sounds fantastic with all his breakfasts in bed!

11/27/2006 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, feel guilty when I lounge around. The only time I can do it guilt-free is if it is just such a day as you describe--blustery, rainy (or snowy), cold, and miserable.

Can you post a picture of the creek? I'd love to see what it looks like at this time of year. It sounds like it's turned into quite a powerful force if it can carry a deer carcass downstream.

11/27/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger JT said...

I am so jealous of your day of relaxation. I long for that. Someday. You should take it without guilt.

11/27/2006 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home