Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nothing sacred

A credit card – with a picture of the Budddha on the front?! An om symbol? Praying hands? Who ARE these people?

Listen to this load of crap from their website:

"Finally, a socially conscious credit card. [This card] was founded on the idea that money is energy and if used with positive and integrative intention, can have the power to affect change in our lives and the world. Everyone uses a credit card, so why not have one where people can earn points towards positive products and services that enhances their overall conscious life?"

Aside from at least three typographical and grammatical errors, I see at least two more problems with this copy. One, it isn't true that everyone uses a credit card. I don't. I don't even have a credit card. And two, have they never heard of the Working Assets credit card, introduced in the 80s, "founded" on basically the very same idea? That's just one that I happen to know about, because it was my very first credit card. And it screwed me with high interest and hidden charges just as badly as any other card I ever had.

There is something different about this one, though: according to the ad, you can redeem your rewards points for sacred travels. And that's just one item on the list of available products and services.

I wonder if anyone's marketing a Jesus face credit card yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Ask, and ye shall receive: http://www.datejesus.com/card/

5/16/2007 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home