Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fro action


Once again my stealth-mode photography failed to capture the full glory of a look, but I wanted to feature this guy because of his magnificent afro. It's way bigger than you can tell from this picture! And red. G., he reminded me of a certain boy we both know, if that boy had a big giant fro.

His tattoos were also beautiful – both arms in a pattern of roses in plain black, no color, no shading, that reminded me of a half-bolt of Japanese fabric I've been hoarding. I kept thinking someone ought to do some beading on that vest for him, and get him out of those jeans and into some proper baggy trousers – so much cooler in the hundred-degree heat.

And here's another television photo. Do you recognize this character? What if I said, "Damn them all to HELL!!!!!" It was the title of the film that drew me in initially ... and then my own curiosity, when I realized it was not the campy original but the over-earnest, environmentally-angsty 2001 remake starring Marky Mark. His massive guns and delicate eyebrows were a highlight, but the star of the show, in my opinion, was the inimitable Charlton Heston in a brief cameo as the dying father of the chief villain. He's a good guy in this one, too – trying to tell his evil son the truth about the history of their race, before it's too late. Doesn't he look great? Well, for an ape on his deathbed?

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Turley, Kingsborough Librarian said...

another great fashion post! i really like that the dude's wearing a vest, too, with bare tattooed arms.

6/21/2008 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, that certain boy we know DOES have a big giant fro! Among other bushy growths on his head. I wanted to upload a recent photo for you, but we both know how technically savvy I am. Maybe S can help me later.
--g

6/24/2008 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home