Friday, September 26, 2008

An enormous beret


Well, I've kept my eyes peeled all week and have not seen anyone to inspire a fashion photo this week, so instead I offer this: the biggest beret I've ever seen, perched atop a big hairdo I suspect is pretty fancy once she takes the hat off.

Soon it will be chilly and cold again – beret weather – and I am so ready. I had a meeting halfway up the mountain this morning, followed by work, followed by shopping and a party on the opposite side of the valley and finally a long ride back to the base of the mountain (home) in the dark – a good 20 miles by the end of the day, and most of it was hot as hell. I actually set a personal record for most sponge baths taken in public restrooms in a single day. There's definitely an art to getting clean in one of those places without actually touching anything – a critical skill because who knows who's been in there, you know, Touching Things.

Except the restroom at my office, in which case I know exactly who's been in there. Not that that makes me feel any better.

Anyway – I had a good time at the party and even allowed myself to have one bite of an exceptionally fudgy brownie, knowing I would work off at least a few of the carbs during my half-hour ride home. I also had six 1.5" square crackers with pâté, a big plate of salad and about a half a glass of white wine. I'll be curious to see what my blood sugar is like in the morning.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger wickenden said...

have you ever checked out http://www.hel-looks.com/ ? It's my favorite fashion site. He goes around the streets in Helsinki photographing people and asking them about their look. I love the Helsinki style.

don

9/27/2008 8:09 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Is beret-lady single?

10/02/2008 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home